About Me

Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Welcome to my adventure in Guatemala! Feel free to comment, positive or negative, and share your stories as well.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The best going away party EVER!

So before I left, my beloved host family in Sacatepequez threw me the best going away party EVER! Here are the photos : )

Some people were napping....

other people were working/karate chopping each other. We filled, I mean FILLED that pinata with candy! Here's a great view of the patio all decorated! (Guatemalans are SUPER into decorating, we must have working for three hours on getting everything all set up). Before we ate, we beat down a pinata. They let the little guy take a swing without a blindfold since he still lacks all coordination lolThis girl reminds me of myself as a kid. She's super rough and tomboyish and can always comepte with te guys. She definitely did some damage to that poor pinata!

But no one seemed to mind scooping it out!

There were TWO great cakes. Cake # 1:
Cake #2 and some hungry guests: (cousin, aunt, godsister and her kids)
We enjoyed our a piece of both cakes and of course a cup of Pepsi under a canopy of balloons!
Host dad decided to wear the destroyed pinata as a tribal headress.
All in all it was a marvelous day! We laughed, we cried, we gorged ourselves on cake, we opened presents and told jokes. I will always remember this family because no matter what we're doing there is always a lot of love and a lot of laughter. They spent a significant amount on this goodbye party. This was just one of many ways that they show me how much they care : )
What? I was helping pop the balloons so we could clean up.



2 comments:

  1. please tell me that is chocolate in the kitchen sink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with JD...because if you got candy out of water that brown, I am sure you have creatures growing in your belly....

    ReplyDelete