About Me

Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Welcome to my adventure in Guatemala! Feel free to comment, positive or negative, and share your stories as well.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

So this happened a few days ago but whenever I think of it, I still laugh:

Sitting my room after a miserable afternoon in Spanish class, my nose was running and I was reviewing all the things wrong in my life: I have fleas, we’re all anxious about who our partners will be, my feet are always filthy from the dust, I keep saying ridiculous and embarrassing things in Spanish etc….anyway…since tissues are expensive and I don’t have a screen, I decided to blow a snot rocket out my window. My neighbor was below washing clothes and I didn’t want her to see me and think poorly of me but I wasn’t’ wearing my glasses and couldn’t tell if she was looking at me. (spoiler: do not try to rush snot rockets, it is a bad idea.) Then I saw the family dog that hate…after that I’m not sure what eight your old boy climbed into my head and commandeered my brain but I decided in that moment to aim my snot rocket at the dog. I know….this just keeps getting stupider : / But the dog is such a bully...not only does he start fights in the streets with every dog we pass (which if we caught up in, could get us bitten and then we’d die from rabies), but he impregnated our sad little puppy that looks like she’s about to die from starvation because he steals all her food—so now both she and their puppies will die from hunger. Plus, he eats baby chicks and kittens. Can we say douchebag? He had it coming.
While hanging out the window blowing the snot rocket, I thought I saw my neighbor turn to look at me…so I prematurely duck back into my window…and, needless to say it did not end well…HUGE MESS! Bad idea : ( The moral of the story, don’t rush a sneak attack snot rocket mission against a bully dog from your second story window while your neighbor is washing clothes and might see you and think you’re a fool….failure is imminent…and it’s just all around a bad idea. Don’t worry, I’ll find a way to get Mr. Bully and let you know how it works out.

Other dumb things I’ve done:
We were playing the game “two truths and lie” as an ice breaker where everyone has to guess which of your three statements is a lie. Well when it was my turn, I said my three statements but when they guessed which was the lie, I told them the wrong one! I can’t even keep my truths and lies straight without confusing myself! Also, during another icebreaker when we were supposed to make a crossword using the letters in our names, I definitely spelled my own name wrong! I suppose this is a good sign that my personality is on its way back lol

Language Bloopers:
1. What I meant to say: Are you going to the church to pray? -What I said: Are you going to the church to save?
2. What I meant to say: Do you want me to sweep? -What I said: Do you want me to erase?
3. What I meant to say: I’m going on a trip! -What I said: I’m going on an old!
4. What I meant to say: Can we put onions on it? -What I said: Can we put horse on it?
5. What I meant to say: Do you have any advice for me? -What I said: Do you have any rabbits for me?

4 comments:

  1. Wait! Why can't you use papel de tocador to blow your nose, missy?!

    Oh, I'm glad your personality is back...they seem just as crazy as you so let it out! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, why do you have fleas...and are plucking your eyebrows or letting them grow out? Do I find this information later in the process or by myself?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told you V, tissue is un poco expensive : ) And I do pluck my eyebrows....you wouldn´t be able to see my face if I let my eyebrows grow out lol
    Each country is so different that there´s no way to know what life will be like till you get there. It will be a grand surprise : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffany i was so excited to hear your voice, i would've loved to chat but it's a tad smidge expensive (1.50/min!) and when i tried to get onto skype and FB chat my computer died! You have NOOO idea how distraught i was over the news of no chatting with you, it's always the highlight of my hour/day/week/month!! No Bueno, te extrano muchisimo hermana...estoy my triste sin tigo....te amo (or as Toby says,"te echo de menos")

    <3 always ~ Ana

    ReplyDelete