About Me

Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Welcome to my adventure in Guatemala! Feel free to comment, positive or negative, and share your stories as well.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

So I'm a little obsessed with my dog...

Here are a few of the many shots I have of my puppy Ethopia. I decided to name her after a place I really want to visit-Israel and Cuba just don't have the same ring as Pia : )

After her first bath: she wasn't too happy with me (and who knew but she HATES hair dryers) but she was calm the whole time...she just whimpered this sad little tune sometimes that made me feel like a bad person.





Isn't she a beaut?




Who knows why, but Pia is obsessed with biting my hands and arms and legs. Sometimes she get's a little too focused on the biting and forgets just who she's trying to bite. I had to be ready with my camera to capture this not-uncommon moment when she got distracted and started chomping on her own foot.


Her colors have changed and she's a lot darker now.




Pia got into a bag of flour. This was the first of two. No bag is safe around her lol. I saw her staggerign around gagging and I saw this white thing covering her mouth. I thought she was choking on a bag so I rushed over to take it off her face....only to discover that the white stuff was all gooey. I ended up prying her mouth open to pull out gobs of saliva-y flour. Ohhhhhhh having a dog. lol



She loves to cuddle!




So here's my favorite video of Pia fighting with Terri. Terri came to stay with us while Michele (my sitemate) was in Antigua. Pia became a little territorial and would attack Terri if I petted him too much! My favorite part is how Terri just runs around crying like a little girl, letting a puppy beat him up!

Sometimes after their fights I noticed her pawing at her mouth and smacking her lips...it wasn't uncommon for her to have a chunck of Terri's stuck to her tounge! She's a fireball alright.

Sometimes, however, she and Terri just enjoyed a quite moment together.

It was really cute actually, she tried to cozy up to him and rest her head on his paws as they were breaking in between fights but he, like a crusty old uncle, was having none of it. This is as close as they got.

1 comment:

  1. Tiff, you on that Michael Vick steeze video taping those dogs fighting. Silly woman

    ReplyDelete